Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returning Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Westaussieguy, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Hi Guys,
    I am from the south coast of WA and returning to bike riding after about 30 years. I have picked up a really nice Honda VT250C cruiser with only 20,000 on the clock. I used to ride sports bikes back in the day and now finding that today's bikes are a very different animal. The last bike I owned was an ex racing Honda CB550 four super sports and various other bikes before that.
    What I am finding now is that a lot of the riding experience I had before really doesn't count on today's roads with today's bikes and I have forgotten way more than I care to admit.
    But I do know I am absolutely loving being back on a bike again and I can't get enough km's under my belt.
    I am looking forward to reading the forums and hopefully meeting others that would like to go out riding in my area.
    Thanks guy's

2. Welcome to NR !
  3. Welcome. I came back after some years away and noticed the same thing. My first bike (RD-250) had about 25 horsepower, my comeback bike (Hornet 600) had over 90!!! It takes some adjustment.
    Anyway, enjoy, play yourself in and keep mining Netrider for information and advice.
  4. Welcome, nice part of the world down there, Bussleton and points South.
  5. Thanks Guys, I am not much of a poster but I visit almost every day looking for good info.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome. And good to see another return.