Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returning Rider from Mornington Peninsula

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Dan B, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Hi All

My name is Dan and I'm from the mornington peninsula.

I have been away from riding for about 8 years now and have decided its time to get back into the swing of things. I originally sold my bike to build a house and start a business and I promised myself I would buy another one as soon as I could. Before I knew it 8 years had gone past and it seemed like I always had something else going on. Well I've finally taken the plunge and bought a new bike and it should be ready to pick up in the next few days. I can't wait

I'm a bit nervous about getting back on the bike after a big break however I'm sure it will come flooding back very quickly. I plan on taking it easy for a while until I get the hang of riding again and I was thinking about joining some of the learner rides/saturday practice days to improve my skills in the short term (if you will have me) I plan on doing some longer rides & track days when I feel that I am up to it.

Looking forward to meeting any members from down my way and can't wait to see you out on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome back to riding, and yes, you'd be most welcome at practice and on the rides.
  3. Welcome back mate, take it easy for a while until your bike brain catches on again :)

Plenty rides to join in out here so check the threads for more info.

What bike did you get?
  4. Hello and welcome to the forums Dan. Life's sacrifices are never easy, glad to hear you are back on two wheels now. Curious too about your bike choice. Sat practice and some great rides in Melbourne, you will feel like you never stopped riding. Enjoy and stay safe :)
  5. Thanks for the welcome guys.

I didn't exactly take it easy on the bike choice. I've ordered a 899 panigale in white from the guys a Mornington Ducati. They have been fantastic to deal with. I spoke to them tonight and the bike is in store now and ready for pick up tomorrow

I keep thinking I may have jumped into the deep end but nearly everybody I have spoken too said I wont regret the choice of bike.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. How do you like your coffee?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Haha. Hot preferably.
  8. Welcome back to the wonderful world of motorbikes and of course to NR.

And as they say..you're back with a bang - A Panigale? eh! :D

Awesome bike and one of my favourites as well.

Ride it down to the Saturday practise and scrub out the wheels... WE do get a Red Panigale at times!
  9. welcome aboard :]
  10. Dan BDan B I saw a couple of guys looking at a Panigale about 3 weeks ago, maybe you? The guys at Mornington are good to deal with for accessories too, they know their stuff.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Welcome to Netrider Dan and back to two wheels! I recently returned to riding too (but after many more years than you!) and I love it, the Peninsula is a great place for riding :happy:
    I agree about the guys at Mornington Ducati....very friendly and knowledgeable (y)
  12. It could have been me. I went to the Ducati 101 night there a few weeks back with some friends. Nothing like a free feed and a cold drink to get you in the mood to buy a bike.
  13. So I picked my bike up this afternoon. I was bloody nervous leaving the dealership especially cause it was bang on 5pm and there was a ton of traffic. A few nervous moments and a couple of missed shifts but it all came flooding back pretty quickly. By the time I got home after a 20min ride I was feeling great. Still going to take a while for it all to become instinct again and for it to be smooth. Can't wipe the smile off my face.

I would like to say a huge thanks to the guys at Mornington Ducati for all of their help. I would highly recommend them if anyone is looking to buy a bike, parts or gear.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Once again, congratulations! But that's just a tease! Where are the pics?!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. So are you bringing Ms Panigale to thr Saturday practice? ;)
  16. Sorry was a bit late when I got home so I will take some more pics over the next few days.

Unfortunately no practice for me this weekend Lazy Libran. It's my sons 1st birthday and I've used up all of my brownie points with the wife today so I can't even sneak away for an hour or two. Soon though.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Birthday?? That means there will be cake.

Thats ok. We will make sure that all 40-50 of us will come by for the cake. :D

All good...see you around!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Welcome back. You're not Dan who used to post heaps from a job in the northern territory yonks ago, are you???
  19. Sorry hornet not me. Must be a different Dan.
  20. Absolute ripper day on the peninsula today. Managed to get a nice ride in and got some more K's under my belt. Lots of bike out there and plenty of friendly waves and nods (no Harley's though) The new bike is amazing and I can't wait for it to be run in properly. image. image.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2