Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returning rider courses

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Kirks, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Hello Netriders
    Did a quick search and found a but of information about the different options out there, but I am also wondering - from people who have done them, is it worth it?

I am looking at getting back into it after maybe 3 years, so not that long off, but I'd only been riding 6 months or so.

I am planning on doing the intermediate and then advanced courses in time, would I just be better off going straight to these?

2. I did the HART advanced 2 (was advanced 1) course a while ago and one of the other riders was a returning rider who hadn't been riding recently. He gave up at lunch time as he was knackered.
    If you're in Vic think the intermediate is a 1/2 day course and it might be manageable.

3. Hmmm. I'll take it on board. I suppose I'm also wondering if I can just jump straight back into riding or a returning course is highly recommended first. I imagine 5 minutes in it'll all come floodin back, but you can never be too careful with these things.