Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returning on a new daily

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by Skinn, Dec 2, 2012.

1. #1 Skinn, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    Hey guys, I've been floating around here on and off while between bikes, an Ex-owner of an RS250 until it became too costly and dangerous to ride, I took a couple of years off and having finally sold my beloved car of 7 years I took the plunge and bought a daily rider:

View attachment 13957

View attachment 13954

View attachment 13955

Yamaha XJ6N 09 model, 1600kms, first registered only 2 months prior, full factory warranty... Brand New.

Purchased from a used car dealership in Adelaide. The story is that a bloke came riding in needing a car to take him to work in the mines up north, the dealership couldn't give up handing over a cheap car to make a quick buck off the bike so they took it, none of them knew a thing about bikes.
    The whole thing sounded like a typical too-good-to-be-true, especially when I'm dealing with the nicest bloke on earth. So I decided to go take a look after bargaining down from the 8k asking price and calling the Yamaha dealership in Adelaide who originally sold the bike.

Before I'd even confirmed checking it out my old man had planned the entire trip from Melbourne and back, we spent a couple of days driving and riding, stopping via McLaren Vale on the way back to pick up twelve of my favourite mates from a winery. Everything went to plan, the bike was as good as promised, the salesman was as genuine as he seemed and the bike was sold. For $6k.

So I'm back riding again and it's been great, I thought I was a decent rider before but there's no better way to realise you weren't than riding daily.

2. Welcome back to the fold Dan. :) Whereabouts in Melbourne are you?

3. Greetings and welcome

4. Thanks, I'm currently in Hawthorn. Moving in the new year but it will be somewhere nearby.