Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returning Old Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Peter62, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Hi netrider members,

I am a returning rider after way to many years without a licence.

Going for my licence soon.
  2. Welcome Peter.
    It's never too late.
    Whats more there are lots of Mid Life Crisis Centers ready to take your call.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. G'day Peter62Peter62, saddle up again and enjoy, half the fun is in the hunt for a new steed.
  4. Hi Peter62Peter62, welcome to the forums and back to a life on two wheels. All the best with your licence test (y) Should be a piece of cake, don't they say it's like riding a bike, you never forget it :p Enjoy and stay safe!
  5. welcome Peter,
    I imagine you'll be ready to ride that road in pic very soon
  6. welcome aboard :]
  7. welcome to Netrider and back to two wheels Peter! (y)
  8. Hi and welcome Peter62.

Obviously you are a bloke of few words.....

where abouts are you?

what kind of bike are you looking at?
  9. Welcome to Netrider
  10. Hi CrazyCam,

I'm based in Newcastle NSW.

I've been looking at both the Ninja 300 and the Yamaha R3. Both look like very fun bikes to get started again until I get my full licence.
    That said of course I will probably end up with a second hand bike so could be anything. :)

11. Hey Peter,

Welcome aboard.
    I'm also in Newie and have a 2011 Honda cb400 abs. Great little bike!!
  12. Nice area...plenty of good roads to ride.

Is the Brewery still in business, right down on the water front.
    A pub with what looked like its own dock for parking yachts...... how cool is that?

As a hint, the Ninja 300 is a bugger to actually do your MOST on, the U-turn is the big drawback.

You have two options with one of them......
    1. you practise until you can do it easily...... which takes a while....
    2. you plan around renting a bike for the MOST from the mob in Adamstown.

Can't speak for the R3, 'cos nobody has given me one to try.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Welcome to NR..
  14. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  15. Hi CrazyCam,

as far as I know the Brewery is still there, but I haven't been there for some time.

Thanks for the U-turn advice re the Ninja 300.
  16. Welcome Peter62Peter62 and enjoy life back on two wheels, incase your interested there is a Kawasaki demo day in Newcastle on the 12th of Dec ;)
  17. Hi Peter, welcome to the forum, plenty of advice to be found here..... good luck in your search and the impending licence test......
  18. Whilst I have still been riding I have been absent from the forums for some time due to life's commitments. Glad to be back and looking forward to the summer rides ahead......
  19. <CrazyCam blows kiss in Fractalz general direction>

Whatever you say, dear, but, I've seen folk, standing beside a Kwaka Ninja, trying to walk the bloody thing round in the U-turn box, and they couldn't do it.
  20. Full steering lock ... bike in body out ...

btw did those trying to walk it around have it leant over???