Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Returned/Refresher Rider Course

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Michael, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Hi Guys , Michael here ,

I was wondering if their is any interest in a course that would be specific to road based skills on a 250cc bike ( on a training range). this course would be targeted at returned riders ( those that need the refresher skills ) or those that wouldn't mind a refresher course before stepping up to a larger bike or need the confidence boost in general. It would be based on cornering , braking , slow riding , posture and general bike checks , what's your opinion ?

cheers Michael
  2. Yep I've done that one ....actually taught it as well :wink: It's a good course .
    This is a tad different . I would like to see if there is an interest in a course that deals with not only the basic skills but also to develop those skills in specific scenarios in real life .Also something that would cater to differing levels within the same course .

cheers Michael
  3. if u were in sydney id do it

did the stay upright one the other day
  4. Thanks for the feedback livingstonest , yes I'm in Victoria , sorry :( .
    Thanks again.

5. HART do a new one for returning riders.

My dad is doing it with his Ulysses club for returning riders.
    It's a new one using their simulator for road situations and uses large capacity (not sure what though) bikes they have.