Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Lurch, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Hey all,

Been working on a new web project of late: RetroRIDER - Classic Bikes from the 70s and 80s
    It covers all bikes from that age, but needless to say - but theres a fair bias towards Japanese bikes.

So, yeah, check it out if you want.

(yes, I ran this past Mouth before posting :p )
  2. good stuff lurch
  3. Yeah, showing some promise.
  4. "La Parisienne" fairings, hey, I remember them too. Can't get over how narrow tryre were back then!
  5. [​IMG]

This is 1978, my 400/4 parked down the side of my house in Canberra.
  6. The 400/4 was my first bike to!

I was 19 and wrote it off in a t-bone, but it was great bike.

But I'm SO GLAD bikes have improved so much since then! I'm not the slightest bit nostalgic for " the good ol' days".

7. The bike still has those same tyres!
  8. I'm really glad people are enjoying the articles. Although I very much write them for myself (gives me a great excuse to go researching the net for cool old bikes) I still really like knowing that people are enjoying them.

Feel free to send me through pics/stories to editor@retrorider.org

9. What no Forum??

Will read through, and send you a request for my favourites
  10. heh - when it comes to forums, CanberraRIDERS keeps me busy enough....
  11. the mag looks good,
    here is a pic of my daily commuter

Attached Files:

12. I was just going through some stats for the website, and I'd like to thank the Netrider community for taking the time to check our my little corner of the internet.
    There is always new content going up (almost daily) - so please check back and have a read!
  13. Great site, and memories. I shall have to send you some pics of my RD-250/350 with the Lew Robson cafe kit, and my much-missed 1979 XS-650D as well :).
  14. Hornet - please do! :)
  15. Nice one, looks like I'll be doing even less work at my desk than normal! I'm a fan of bikes from this era and even the modern bikes that try to replicate them. I may also send some pics...

16. Cheers man - yeah, what I call 'post-retro' (ie modern retro bikes) is something I like to include. ie: the article on the Moto Guzzi V7 etc. And also modern bikes that have a direct link to retro bikes.