Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Retro 125?

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Exterkate, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Hi there, I'm new to the forum and I need some scooter help. I am after a scooter but I don't want something as small as a 50cc. I would prefer a 100-125cc but I love the look of the vespa style and most companies don't offer a range like this. Can you guys help me out?

2. Aprilia Mojito 125cc
    Bolwell Mio 100cc
    Bug Espresso 150cc

theres quite a few mate. Why not a Vespa? If thats what you really want then thats what you should get.
  3. Too expensive unfortunately. I am a student on a student salary. Even the Mio 100 is still a bit too much.

4. so why are you looking at new ones?
  5. From past experiences I know to generally stay away from second hand vehicles. Also, scooters seem to hold value fairly well and for an extra couple of hundred I'd rather get something new.
  6. Sure, in an ideal world. However it seems that buying new is a luxury your cant really afford.

A Bolwell Mio is a 100cc scoot worth roughly $3600 new. So if thats too much for you to spend, you really are not going to have much choice but to look at second hand ones.

There are many good second hand scooters. It seems that quite a few people buy scoots thinking it will be great, but they quickly decide it is not for them. So they sell near new scoots with virtually no km's on them.

You should look through your local trading post or on bikesales.com.au

just for example;

2006 Mio, 1000km, in NSW for $2,800.

you just have to look around.