Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Resurrection goes down - but that's old news

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by resurrection, Nov 4, 2006.

1. A couple of weeks ago I totalled my VFR, trying to ride through a tree, a barb wire fence and up a embankment. it now looks like this:
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/senfiddy/IMG_0038s.jpg

I got off relatively scot free - a couple of wire punctures on the arm and general soreness.

I was insured :grin:

Of course I have been looking around for a replacement since then, and it is with great pleasure :grin: that I announce that today I put a deposit on a K3 GSXR 1000 ( gotta wait for the cheque :( ) that looks a little like this:
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e92/senfiddy/bikepics-587907-full.jpg

YIPPEE! :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. :shock: :shock:
    I think you have some very good karma Resurrection. Looking at the bike, you wouldn't think you would have got off with such minor injuries. One very lucky dude :grin:

That looks like a damn good replacement :grin:

3. :shock: Some general soreness????? What speed were you doing??
    Anyway, good to hear you are OK even if the bike has gone to Honda heaven.
    And why the change to Suzuki (not that there's anything wrong with that :LOL:) ???

4. Hornett600 - you beat me to it! i have the same questions! :grin:

Wow you must have been going very fast!

5. Q1: I'll let you know as soon as I go round it (not quite as fast) on my GSXR. I wasn't looking at the speedo :grin:

Q2: Got me a really good deal and it's sooooooooooo beautiful.

Tell me you don't love this!

6. Very nice replacement Resurrection :grin:

7. resurrection,
    You are one lucky rider by the look of the bike. Glad your ok.
    I love the new bike, sweet.
    Happy riding, be safe out there.
    Cheers Lou

8. Hi Res..

The Gixxer is you alright. When you get it sorted, we'll all go for a
    kane somewhere.

Not this week, but the week after, I wouldn't mind organising a ride
    to kick off up Montacute.

9. Cripeys! That VFR looks like it swallowed a double-barrelled shotgun :shock:

I heard about a dirt-bike rider who went through a barbed wire fence - he went for a grind along it and pretty much disemboweled himself... he picked his guts up, held them in with one hand, and rode to hospital with the other.
    I'd love to have witnessed the doctor's response, like "Let's get this guy to surgery NOW! He's ****ing earned it!" or something.

Sounds like you got off lightly enough.

GSXR1000?
    Yeah -> no sympathy from me, mate :grin:

10. Hi Resurr...

What are you doing riding through a tree?? :LOL: Just kidding..

Glad that you okay... and the damage looks severe..

11. Good to hear you came out of it relatively unscathed. Great choice for a replacement too :grin:

12. Jas,
    It's gonna take me a while to learn to tame this beast, so I reckon I'll be tail end Charlie on all the rides I go on - for a while :wink:
    Are you gonna post details re Montacute ride?

:LOL: Top post, k, you're not related to loz are you?

13. Man, that bike is sexy as. Congratulations, whenever you want to trade let me know? AF2AF3 didn't like riding my bike too much said it was small and crappy haha.

Anyway, now you don't have an excuse to not be at coffee sharing your war story this week. :) I would really love to know how you ended up with scratches and your bike ended up on a stretcher.

14. Hey, thanks for the compliment, but sorry, I'm hetero.
    :LOL:
    Yeah, can't seem to find any excuse for not being at coffee Wednesday (unless it rains)

15. Hey, thanks for the compliment, but sorry, I'm hetero.
    :LOL:
    Yeah, can't seem to find any excuse for not being at coffee Wednesday (unless it rains)