Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Restriction and Track Bike Question

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Moochie, Apr 26, 2008.

  1. I was just wondering if track officials will let you ride a larger capacity bike on the track when you are on restrictions?

    Only ask cuz they didn't check my licence at Broadford and theres a cheap tracky up on bikesales.

    Phillip Island said no but Broadford didn't give a definate answer.
  2. Probably not supposed to , but I would think unlikely either will actually check.
  3. Rather than asking here, you had best ask the organisers
  4. Refer first post.....

  5. I say go for it. The quote I found on Champions Ride Day website.
  6. If you do not have an appropriate road licence you can join a club and get an MA race licence.
  7. Thanks for the info so far everyone.

    Nightgash : Thats the bit I was confused about. I was thinking of going for it anyway just after some insight as to what that bit on the champions ride day website meant.

    Pro-Pilot : Do MA licences need to be re-newed each year? Just asking as I'm not planning on competing or the like. Just after some weekend fun.
  8. Update,

    Finally got a solid answer, Broadford doesnt check for restrictions. They just check if you have a licence and not Ls.
  9. FYI P.I. is the same
  10. MA licenses need renewing each year, but at $80 for a rec MA license, it's pretty cheap. Once off licenses are $30 a pop or something around that from memory.

    A full national license is $260 or so.