Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Restoration of fond memories

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by NimbleAlmond, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Hi all

I decided recently that I'd like to take on a restoration project of one of the classic sports bikes from my youth. I first got interested in motorcycles when I was 15 and started with a ZZR250 back in 1990. Lots of bikes have come and gone since then but I would love to revisit so of my favourites.

The problem I am having is how to find them??? I thought Bikesales would be a great resource but very little. Likewise ebay has been disappointing so either the bikes I'm looking for no longer exist or I'm looking in the wrong places.

Of interest to me are:
    '85-86 GSXR750
    '90 GSXR750 (black and silver anniversary edition only - classic!)
    '91 GSXR750 (my first bike bike) or maybe even an 1100 of the same year
    '91 ZXR750 (with hoover hoses!)
    '92 Fireblade

If anyone out there has one of these collecting dust in their shed I'd love to know about it.
    Or if you know any other resource I could use please let me know.

2. Have you checked Gumtree? Also, if you are in Sydney, there's a huge motorcycle wrecker just on the north side of Liverpool and he sells lots of 'goers' as well as parts....
  3. I look forward to seeing more about this. It makes my day to see someone restore a beauty
    • Agree Agree x 2