Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Restaurant recommendation (Melb) - Cumulus

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Loz, Mar 6, 2009.

1. So you guys know how I get - I turn into a bit of an evangelist when I find something I like.

Well here's something I liked A LOT:

The food at this place BLEW ME AWAY. Some very odd combinations, some things I'd never heard of before, but everything was stunning. No bullshit kind of attitude there, too, quite a relaxed place considering the amazing cuisine.

Prices are surprisingly good.

The two don't miss items in my mind are the cracked wheat and freekeh salad, and the spiced cauliflower with goat's cheese. But I'd go with 5 or 6 people, and order 8 or 9 dishes over the course of a few hours for everyone to share, because you won't want to miss a thing.

Oh, and try to make sure you take an attractive member of the opposite sex, because dinner at Cumulus WILL SCORE YOU ROOTS.
  2. What kind of roots? Carrots?
  3. Loz, give Hellenic Republic in Lygon St, East Brunswick a try.

Brilliant food, service and atmosphere.
  4. Yes. Yes, carrots.

In fact, one of the desserts is something like green tea flavoured ice cream with mashed sweetened carrot and a liqourice drizzle. And it's f*cking sensational.
  5. All your recent posts have revolved around food Loz. Is this a trend? :LOL:
  6. I have discovered my aspiration in life:

7. Noted!
  8. Fifteen was great too BTW :)
  9. Looks good, I'll have to keep it in mind.
    Nice to see the prices are reasonable too. I'm getting sick of country pubs charging $25-30 for meals just because they think drizzling balsamic vinegar on lettuce justifies charging "Melbourne" prices.
  10. Amiconi's in North Melbourne, brilliant Italian, Brilliant owner, and excellent friendly service.

Coyote cafe brunswick(nicholson st.) for mexican.
  11. guiseppe arnold and sons. :grin: great meats.
    botanical. :grin: f)(*ing good steak. keep away from wine list tho. it'll send you broke.
    vue de monde. a bit fancy but dumbed down a bit lately so much better. :grin:
  12. Duly noted Lozzimo. :cool:
  13. cumulus or cunninglus?? from the sounds of it both will score you points with your missus.
  14. ...familiar...

15. ...

"Would you like desert, sir?"

'Fark off, I'm full!"

"It's waffer thin ..."

"I couldn't eat another thing, I'm absolutely stuffed, bugger orf!"

16. The menu looks very interesting.
  17. I want to go there just for the sweets, they look yummy!

er...so when are we going?
  18. I don't think they can really handle big numbers there. Best to take a small group of friends and somebody you want to root.