Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rest in Peace, Ken Wootton

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Hendo72, Jul 26, 2011.

1. CycleOnline.com.au is sad to report the death of industry identity Ken Wootton, who passed away on Sunday, 24 July 2011.
    According to a post on the official Facebook page of Australian Motorcycle News, Wootton passed away in his sleep while in the Czech Republic on his annual European travels.
    Wootton has played a major role in the sport of motorcycle racing in Australia, an ex-AMCN editor who also completed countless hours in commentary and hosting gigs over the years.
    Most recently Wootton had been the editor of Motorcycle Trader.
    CycleOnline.com.au will provide funeral details when they are finalised.
    Rest in Peace, Ken Wootton.

He will be missed.
  2. news of this is travelling like wildfire

very sad, KW has made a huge contribution to motorcycling......
  3. Rest in Peace.
  4. Damn, that is sad.
  5. That is really bad news.

I attended the Accident Scene Management Course along with Ken a couple of months back and found him a very nice guy.
  6. when I get home I'll post a really old racing picture of ken.....
  7. Damn. ... Sorry to hear about that.
    So long Woose. Rest in peace, mate.
  8. Very sad.
    For a short while I worked a few partitions away from where he was at the helm of AMCN. His editorial decisions were occasionally controversial but he was well respected always.
  9. I was fortunate enough to meet Ken at WSBK@ the island one year and he was a true gentleman and you could see his passion for the sport just seeping out of him.

A truely great man who will be missed but never forgotten. Now you can get on and ride with the likes of Mike Hailwood, Kenny Blake & Barry Sheene.

RIP Ken
  10. RIP Brother.
  11. Ah man, no good.

I've always enjoyed his writings....

RIP Ken.
  12. A real loss.
    RIP "Woose".
  13. We've lost one of Australia's most iconic motorcycle media identities.

I only met the man a few times but he managed to leave an impression each time.

14. Too soon for a true legend of Australian motorcycling.

R.I.P. KW
  15. R.I P. Ken Wootton

Media and Racing Identity Ken Wootton has left us. Sad News for Australian Motorcycling.
  16. Re: R.I P. Ken Wootton

That's sad. R.I.P Ken
  17. I don't think people realise how much he did for the sport over the years and how respected he was by all who met him.

I'll certainly miss listening to his always entertaining ASBK commentary sitting in the FIV as I do at some rounds :cry:
  18. One of a kind.... RIP
  19. Sad day for Australian motorcycling and for anyone who enjoyed Ken's writing and particulalry his editorship at AMCN. Thanks Ken.