Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Resole for riding boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Maxman, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Hi Peeps,
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a cobbler that can resole both my Alpinestars and Sidi boots?

Cheers,
    MaxMan

2. Oh I forgot I'm in Moorabbin VIC

3. I've been wondering about this too! Some of the A* boots are marketed as having replaceble soles.... but they look like they are glued on... how do you replace them?

4. Cut and grind off the old soles and glue on the new ones, from what I've seen. A good cobbler (as opposed to a heel bar) can do most things, including replacing even nominally non-replaceable soles.

5. A*'s marketed as having replaceable soles come with a caveat... you need to send them to the US to get the work done.

6. That's a big chunky caveat! I'm guessing it then works out to be better to buy a new pair by then.

7. Ah thanks for the info (y)

8. Fantastic guy at Fountain Gate Narre Warren. Not really cheap, but well worth it, he does a great job. Works with ALL types of shoes, boots and leather stuff.

Also has a fantastic range of 'out there' shoes and boots. :)

Pegasus Shoes at Fountain Gate.