Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Residential parking in the CBD

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mipearson, Mar 15, 2005.

1. I'm thinking of getting myself a small pad in the CBD. I'm going to be selling my car RSN, so parking that isn't a worry, but I still need somewhere to stash the motorbike overnight.

Alternatively, I can find an insurer that's willing to insure me for theft/damage of a bike that's regularly left on the CBD footpath!

I just to a very nice lady at Wilson's Parking, and she tells me that there's $1 flat rate 24/7 cycle parking, which _might_ be what I need, if only in really poor weather.

Renting a $55/week car space is out of the question. I'm already looking at between $210 and $260 a week.

Anybody had experience with this before? Is it possible to get theft insurance for a cycle left out on the footpath overnight in such a crime-ridden area?

2. I used to live in an apartment block on St Kilda rd. We had two bikes and one car for an apartment with one car space. You'll probably find that you'll be able to park your bike in an out of the way spot in the apartment block's car park.

There is NO way I'd leave my baby on the city streets regularly....I don't even do that in the suburbs! Get it into a carpark...preferably parked under the security camera. That way even if something does happen to it, you'll have some footage (not that it always helps).

:D :D :D

3. Depending upon where you are, some of the CBD parking (Kings, Wilson) etc. is free for bikes (eg. Kings under QBV). That may be an option to you?

4. and if the bike isn't too wide you can always sneak around the boom gate to get it out of the car park :-$ [-X

5. take it inside its easier :LOL:

6. Definately do not leave your bike on the footpath overnight...
    One time I came back from the pub (about 11 pm'ish) with a workmates and found Max has been moved and significant scratches on the bike.

7. Couple of notes:

By leaving it on the footpath, I mean chained to a pole (pushbike style) and with a rain-cover. There's less temptation to push around a raincovered bike than a shiny one, I reckon.

Can't take it inside or find an out of the way place- every place I've asked has no spare space for motorcycle parking.

mouth: already checked with Wilson, had trouble getting to Kings. Wilson have the $1 flat rate.

8. Just make sure there is a ramp at your front door :LOL:

9. I manage a Kings parking in the CBD and we dont charge bikes (motorbikes) the only problem with mine is its not open 24hrs. what end of the CBD are you thinking of moving to ??? I might be able to help out depending on who is in charge of your nearest carpark

10. I tried parking my R1 on the footpath over night, it only lasted 3 nights, now someone else rides the bike :-( and it wasn't insured :-(