Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Requests for additions and/or tweaks to the site

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Spud Gun, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Hello Mod and Admin types. I have a couple of suggestions for tweaks if you wouldn't mind considering them. Maybe others could suggest things, but heres my t'pence ha'penny's worth.
    • 1) The timeout for inactivity (where you have to login again after a period of time not using NetRider) seems quite short. Can it be lengtheened? Or ideally, can functionality be added in the profile in the form of a droplist where you can select your own timeout?

2) Can Polls be added so we can have a vote on something, like site functionality, location for coffee, etc? These are very useful and can be a good laugh.

2. Cheers for that Marty. I didn't realise it was a separate location. I suppose I should look at more than the most recent post list!

3. I'd like an option in your profile to state whether you are running broadband or dailup, so that content could be better optimised (eg display IMG tags to people on broadband, give dialup users urls)

4. Ban all non:
    VTR riders
    V twin riders
    but keep a few in line 4's
    about 20 or so .

thats what I want :LOL: :LOL:

5. Groberts, what the bejesus does Ban all none mean?

6. Karen,

It's groberts, so it means whatever you want it to mean! :p

G

7. Oh a feetcha recwest wood hav two bee a speel chequer. :p

G

(Translated.... "Oh a feature request would have to be a spell checker")

8. It's set at 60mins. Any reason you don't use the 'remember me' option upon logon to set a cookie .. that will be your solution.

9. Because people abuse the reply function by posting complaining about the poll itself, or wanting additions/deletions/changes to the questions, and pretty soon it becomes a biatch and whinge rather than than some fun or genuine interest in repsonses.
    Feel free to start another topic in an appropriate forum if you wish to discuss the poll or PM the person who wrote the poll if you have genuine suggestions for change to it.

10. A nice idea

11. So how about a "Hostile Debate Forum"

Cheers 8)

12. That is nickname for the 'general discussion' section, isn't it? Or perhaps i have that mixed up with the politics section...

13. Can I see an example of a Hostile Debate baiter?

Hangon.. thats the politics and something forum.

14. so why should the polls be different to the current forum? :LOL:

15. I'm a member of a model helicopter forum: www.archeli.com They allow img tags and it never caused me any hassle on dialup, even when I was living out west...

16.  Top
  17. So why not make use of the gallery and point people to that pic???