Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

request for assistance at ToyRun

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by voyager, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Hi all,

as you are probably aware, Netrider is going to officially be a part of the toyrun this year. If you weren't, you need to read this:

https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2976

Anyway, the Western Route of the run is DESPERATELY short of volunteers to marshall the ride - I need some support people!

I don't care about group riding experience, L platers, whatever - ALL I need from you is a guarantee that you'll be there, and a committment to be a visible part of the group. Thats all.

If you want to help out, please get in touch with me via PM or email ASAP so I can brief you on whats going on.

2. Ive put my hand up to marshall the eastern route. However there are already 5 others. Im happy to do either.

3. Hey Steve, I may be able to help out with the Western side as the Eastern has enough helpers and Jake and I usually end up at Jake's (Deyago) in Footscray or vice versa for the weekend.

4. Count me in for tes wes'siiiide :D

5. I was awaiting She Who Is Often Listened To's feedback on where we would be. Sounds like we can both help out on the Westside.

When is the trial run?

6. Guys-I've got four helpers with maybe another one or two who would be able to help out if required.

If you can helper Voyager that would be great.

Cowboy-I've got you down as one of the four. If you wnat to help out the westside just PM & I'll see if I can line up someone else :)

7. Toy Run Assistance

How is the list of volunteers going Voyager, Good to see others are coming from a lot further afield to give you a hand as well.
    :D :D :D :D

Now all we need is nice weather to get it really going.
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8. At this rate the marshalls will out number the other riders :LOL:.

9. I was thinking that last night.

Geez that would look funny :LOL:

10. OK - I initially had Deyago and Jarrah. Scumbag has since put up his hand - thanks mate!. So long as I don't LOSE anyone, I'll be fine with these numbers. If not losing Deyago means I also get Flipper, well, thats fantastic!!!

I do recognise that the Western Route needs less people than the SE due to general demographics of Netriders, but once the newsletter is out, AND we get the runs listed on the Toyrun site - we could have anything from 10 to 300 bikes... who knows.

We have to plan for every eventuality.

11. So where am I needed? West or east? Im happy to do either.

12. I'm guessing he's counting you as an official for the SE run.

13. Righto....east side massive it is :)