Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RepublicCycle.com, I'm a happy customer!

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by sLowBrian, Mar 26, 2008.

1. I wanted some "bling" for my bike. I wanted Kuryaken Highway Pegs, and after procrastinating about it, decided to buy them late last month. The local accessories joint wanted $278!!!!!!!! I wasn't comfortable buying via credit card over the net... I know it's secure and all.... but....

A post here on Netrider by Blue14 had me looking at RepublicCycle.com and I sent them emails with questions..... Glenn is a very easy guy to deal with, very professional! He actually "upsold" me to a classier peg as well... the "Longhorns", I shudder to think what the local guy would have charged me for these ones!! I opted to send a bank cheque, and they despatched my pegs the same day my cheque arrived. The ONLY hiccup in the whole deal was USPS who temporarily "lost" my parcel... USPS track&confirm proved they had it.... but where it was was another matter. 10 days later I asked Glenn if he could do something about it, and he and another RepublicCycle fellow named John got onto USPS. A week or so later (yesterday) I received my pegs. I had them fitted literally in minutes, and damn, they look good and make riding comfortable!!!!!

So the upshot is, to buy entry level pegs local.... $278

From RepublicCycle, including freight and a bank fee for the bank cheque, $180.

The only thing I would suggest is either;
    1) Pay extra for more reliable freight
    or
    2) Be very patient with USPS!!!!! :roll:

Have a look at http://republiccycle.com, and thanks Blue14 for the post that pointed me to them!

I'm a happy customer!

Cheers

Brian