Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacing velcro on boots?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by paul_b, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Hi all, is this a common practice? Can't believe I would have to chuck out a good pair of boots cause the velcro doesn't work. Where is a good place to get it done? Leather repair shop?

2. Hi Paul,

There are a few people around, I would guess a leather repair shop would do it or a bootmaker. If you are in Melbourne the last time I got bike boots repaired was at:

Medal Shoes
    160 Gertrude St Fitzroy 3065
    (03) 9419 4374
  3. Most shoe repairers will replace the velcro quite cheaply
  4. Bit of a late reply, but if you're really cheap like I was, just buy a length of velcro strip from a fabric store and super glue (use lots of it - I used multi bond) the strip to the area on your boots where the velcro is failing. Voila! No more boot flaps opening up when riding :) I did this on my commuting boots over a year ago and they're still going strong. Just be sure to really glue down the top edges, as that is where the bond takes the most stress (from pulling back when removing your boots). Total cost under 2 bucks :grin: