Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacing the brake pedal on a VTR250

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by tomohawk, Apr 20, 2008.

1. G'day guys and girls,

I bent the brake lever when I dropped my VTR a few weeks ago and finally got round to buying a replacement. I am now trying to work out how to actually do it though....

Does it involve removing the smaller black frame that holds the muffler onto the main frame of the bike, or is it possible to get to the mechanism with this still attached?
  2. It appears that you have to remove the complete footrest hanger, for a start. (That's the frame that holds both rider and pillion footrests ...)

It's a big job, and I would start by straightening the existing pedal.

All the best

3. Not a chance. It's bent over the weld. I'm not confident enough that the weld will retain its strength.

I will get it replaced when I get it serviced next
  4. Have a go! It can't be that hard. Save yourself the money. Go and watch the Russell Ingall supercheap auto ads a few times.

EDIT: I have no idea on how to do the job though.

I would probably start by trying to bend the old pedal back. More than likely it'll snap (then you have to put the new one on) but if it doesn't I wouldn't be worried about it. How much pressure do you place on the rear brake pedal?