Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacing rear shock ZZR600D

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by rodgonzbea, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Hi.. Im in need of a replacement for the rear shock absorber (mono) for my Kawasaki ZZR600, '92 ( a D model). Mine is gone.. history, hit a hole in salisbury h'wy (SA)(which is just getting worse and worse), and its claimed the life of my shocky..
    Its proven to be hard to find a replacement, tried a couple of wreckers and the closest thing is one from a zzr1100, which almost the same length, same diameter brackets, but slightly wider. The annoying thing was that one the phone I was told $100, but once i was there, the guy said 150.. at jap motorcycle wreckers.. typical. Im also needing a regulator (mine is fried, tested.. and its burned) and also they said sure.. we got one.. about 50 bucks.. and they did not have one.. a guy at an electrical shop (motorbikes) wants $175:eek:
    So.. does anyone know if there is a compatible shock from another make/model..etc? that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
    Does anyone know of other wreckers in SA?.. Ive tried Jap motorcycle wreckers, two wheel recyclers, mr motorcycles and total motorcycles, in pooraka..

2. Ah I forgot.. my shocky does not have a gas canister attached, and has bugger all space to fit one under the frame..
  3. Mate try these guys,

Metropolitan Motorcycle Spares
    90 Silverwater Road, Silverwater, NSW, 2128.
    Telephone:+612 9748 7400
    E-mail: parts@motorcyclewreckers.com

my son and I have both bought parts of these guys and found them to be very helpful, and more importantly not too badly priced.