Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacing Honda CBR250RR MC22 engine

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by NoFearNick, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Hey all,
    Long story short is I bought a CBR from the dealership "L and P Motorcycles" in Hornsby and they sold me a lemon; it broke down after a month of riding and the engine is blown now.

I started a dispute with the DFT and it went nowhere (they were completely useless), so now I'm wondering how much it will cost to replace the engine? The rest of the bike is mechanically sound and it still has rego on it.

Recommendations on mechanics to get it done at, pricing, etc would be much appreciated.
  2. just google bike wreckers in your area, ask if they are wrecking the cbr and get quotes for complete engines.....however you don't know the history of those engines and whether or not it'll blow on you after installation...I reckon taking your current engine to a trusted mechanic might be a better idea, and although unlikely it might cost the same as a new engine, you'll know what was done to it, and that it's in tip top shape.....

can you be more specific on what happened to the engine?