Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

replacing exhaust gasket

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Drew, Apr 13, 2007.

1. any special tools needed to undo the exhaust bolts on the rear cylinder on a SPADA?

had a quick look last night and it looks rather cramped in there. 2 Allen bolts seem to be whats holding it on but they look rather hard to get to

I need to replace the rear exhaust gasket as it's leaking.

any tips welcomed.

2. NO SPECIAL TOOL but what is it leaking air or oil
  3. the leak probably isnt coming from there....
    there is a primary pipe, like a header, that runs from the cylinder to youre headers, then collection chamber. there is one bolt to be undone to seperate the primary from the pipe. do this first and will make it easier. from my experience, its easier to access both these pipes with the back wheel off... put the bike up on bricks, balancing on the sump. while youre there, buy some exhaust bandage and wrap it around the joints and top of pipe. bobs youre uncle. oh, btw, this job is a pain in the ass.
  4. yeah had a good look at it the other day

i actually need to take the exhaust off the block so looks like its *&%*%*of a job

and it leaking exhausr fumes...not oil.....if it was oil i'd be getting really worried as to why i have oil inmy exhaust.....