Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacing Cable clutch with Hydraulic

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by nich_s, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hi there. i have a 1976 CB750 F1 with the stock cable driven clutch setup. I am interested in updating this to a hydraulic activated system.

Is this possible for my Honda? (kits seem to be available for Harley's etc)

If so..where would one purchase such a kit?

Any help on this matter would be most appreciated.

cheers. nick
  2. many thanks for those links Woodsy. the pdf on the gentlemen who modified the GL1200 clutch setup is very exciting. thanks again.
  3. Why would u bother :shock: no grate advantage in that,except to the parts seller :grin:
  4. Yeah I'm of the "why bother". belief.

If you get everything perfect in terms of master cylinder, slave cylinder size and the correct mechanism, then you may end up with a 10% lighter and/or smoother clutch.

Get any of these things wrong, then you will end up with something much worse.

If your bike had a latter of different model that had a hydraulic clutch, then that would be you best and cheapest bet.

Maybe the CBX750 or similar.

but you get a better feel out of a mechanical clutch anyway. Hydraulic clutches are good for lighter action, but are at the expence of feel.