Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacing Back Protector

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Milpool, Mar 13, 2016.

1. I have the Dririder Multi-Tek jacket, which you can find here and the back protector in it is basically just rubber/foam and I wouldn't mind replacing it with something a bit safer. What should I be looking at getting to fit this jacket?

2. Forcefield
  3. I have a Forcefield L2 back protector. It's very substantial but quite thick. About 20mm. It might be a problem if your jacket is a very snug fit.
  4. Awesome, thanks guys. I'll have a look and see what shops near me have em.
  5. Check out the Segura brand,2 sizes. I replaced a Dririder Alpine back protector with the large version and a Dririder Reactor with the small version, fit perfectly in the Dririders.
  6. Check out what European CE rating it has. As far as I can establish, CE are the only independent government body that tests back protectors. Dr Liz De Rome at Melbourne uni is a guru on all things bike protection, so might be worth flicking her an e-mail.