Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

replacing a headlight

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by justkroozin', Feb 9, 2006.

1. I have just had to replace the globe in the headlight of my '94 Virago 250cc.
    Well it's seems easy to work out what goes where to get the screws back in but there is one little piece of bent wire and I don't know what to do with it.
    Thought of tossing it over my shoulder but thought that probably wasn't the wisest course of action. :LOL:

Anyone got any suggestions? Helpful that is!! :p

Yeah! Yeah! I should have bought the manual....I wasn't going to have the virago for very long :roll: :roll: :roll:
  2. Without seein' it I'd be guessing it's the little bent spring wire clip that holds the globe in place in the headlight reflector??

I got a pdf manual for the Virago 250 here on CD but it shows a "collar" holds the globe in which is different to my partners bike. Hers has the bent spring wire retainer clip.

If that's NOT what it is then I'm stumped coz there's nothing in the headlight" graphic that resembles anything like a bent wire bit.

Hope this helps ..