Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacing a Brake Lever on handlebar

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by undii, Apr 12, 2005.

1. I need to replace the brake lever on my bike. I was wondering if it is a semi easy task or would it be better getting a mechanic to do it? I can't really find any howto guides on the net and not sure what this involves. Would I need to bleed the brakes to do this etc?

Any help would be appreciated :D

2. What has it just snapped or something? Should be dead easy, just undo the bolt, pull the old leaver out and stick the new one in (5 min job).

No need to bleed brakes or anything.

3. The lever has been bent so it's instead of being semi parallel with the throttle, the end faces away from it now.

4. Hey - I managed it all by myself and I had no prior experience with anything. Not hard at all. All you need is a phillips head and a small spanner.

Broke the lever off on my 2nd day of riding after dropping it at the end of my street. whoops.

5. Well I guess it is simple. Thanks for the replies :)