Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacement shock for a hyosung

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Azamakumar, Jul 25, 2011.

1. So I've done a decent bit of googling today into what'll go into the bike, (what can be thrown straight in and what will need a bit of work first). I'm tossing up between $500 odd for an aftermarket shock, or throwing out $150-$250 for something fancy like a gsxr or gsx1100 shock, but there's too many bits of information being thrown at me.

I'm fairly sure that my grasp of preload, rebound and compression are fine (sag, how much it springs back and dive, respectively). What I don't know, though, is what the advantage of a remote (if any) reservoir, and if there's anything to avoid when mounting. Also, is there anything to look out for when buying a used shock? What's involved in a full rebuild of a shock, and is it likely to be pricey?

2. half the cost of the shock rebuild will be labor. from what I've read, it's not too hard to do it yourself if you're mechanically minded (unlike me).
  3. $300 odd for a rebuild.
  4. What are your measurements? I've got a very good condition R6-S shock I'd let go for a nice price...

External reservoir will help with cooling, that's about