Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

replacement seat(s)?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by quantocks, Jul 24, 2008.

1. just wondering if I can replace the seats on my bike with any other available? the NSR seat is pretty crap/hard and after riding for an hour, you can feel it.

are any seats universal, or are there any good replacements available within Australia at bike shops?

2. There are aftermarket manufacturers that make seats for most bikes (Corbin & Sargent for example). Not cheap, I got a Corbin off eBay for the right price.

The Corbin is a lot more comfy than the stock seat was and also puts me in a better riding position. I only like crushed nuts on ice cream.

3. Any half decent trimmer will be able to add some foam to soften that seat up.
    It's by far teh cheapest option to get what you are after.

Regards, Andrew.

4. yeah mate, take it in let them look at it tell them what you want and ask them what they recommend.

both options are pricy, getting my seat recovered is over 100, just for vinyl.

But your ass will be thankfull.

5. Here you go, one of these will fix your problem.

6. just get the seat responged