Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacement screen for a 1250 Bandit?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Scozzy, Aug 13, 2008.

1. I previously posted this in another forum, but I think this is the correct one this time.

Advice sought please.

I've just bought a new model Bandit 1250 ABS. This is an awesome bike and so far (just had my first 1000km service) I have no complaints.

The only thing I would like to change about the bike is the screen. I spend a lot of time on the freeway commuting to work every day and I wouldn't mind a bit of extra wind protection.

Has anyone fitted an aftermarket screen to one of these 08 model bikes? I have heard bad reports about the flip-up type screens that are available. Some say they cause too much turbulence without giving the protection promised in the blurb.

At a healthy six foot tall and about 120kg in my gear I'm on the upper range of rider sizes.

Any comments / suggestions (apart from lay off the pies and lose weight - you fat bugger) would be most welcome.

2. My 2006 Bandit 1200 has the same fairing as the 1250. I fitted a Laminar Lip (Touring model) a few months ago.

It made a big improvement and doesn't affect stability at all.

Bought it on eBay, paid $96.50 USD delivered to my door. (brand new item)