Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

replacement fairings???

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by syd rs125, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Does anyone know where in sydney i can find new replacement fairings at a decent price??
    am i better off going through ebay??

2. replacement OEM fairings will cost you an arm, a leg, and your first born child.
    often it is cheaper to have the fairings repaired rather than replaced if only due to minor imperfections and even for cracks etc.
    evilbay, or perhaps a dedicated aprillia forum, would be the best bet.
    expect to buy stuff from the UK though, hard to source this kind of stuff 'round 'ere.
  3. Depends on the paint work and make / model.

I was quoted $400 dollars not long ago for a panel respray (varied by $30 across 4 different workshops). Replacement one from the manufacturer cost $220 :roll:

Always do your homework before you part with cash.
  4. jeez didn't think it would be that expensive might just try and get it repaired.
    When i bought the bike the seller told me it had been dropped on both sides and where the fairing joins to the frame the bolts and mounting points on the fairings have snapped. the fairings themselves arent in too bad condition though.
  5. Late model sports bikes (big ones) can cost in the vicinity of $1000 for an OEM side fairing