Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replacement Fairing Kit to be fitted - help needed

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Nickers330, May 28, 2011.

1. As the title implies, I've recently received a fairing replacement kit for my CBR1000RR 2004 Fireblade. After being stuck with removing one of the panels (tail), I decided to not push further and ask for assistance from the wealth of experienced and knowledgeable members herein.

Therefore, I am seeking the assistance of someone who has experience in removing/fitting CBR fairings (entire kit). I could simply pay a bike service centre to install it for me but I'd like to assist/watch myself, whilst learning at the same time. There will be a thank you gift involved to the lucky person - Carton/Bottle of your favourite (y)

Please PM for further details,

2. This help?

3. Don't do anything up tight till you have all the bolts/screw in. And you have all the panels and gaps even. Looks crap otherwise. Slowly do the bolts up a bit by bit and keep the gaps even. sort of like wheel nuts if you know what I mean.
    If it's an odd sized bolt, screw it back in it's hole till you are doing it up. Like the center lower front cowling has shorter ones. So they go back where their meant to.
    Hope you didn't bother cleaning them till they are on the bike.
    And a bit of Loktite is far better than a ham fist. Specially if they are the cheap ebays ones. They crack pretty easy.
  4. Goz - Thanks for the diagram mate. Got a similar one here with me and started the job with that beside me.

Bretto61 - Handy tips mate, cheers.

Anyone available to assist in fitting the fairings (in person) ?