Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Replace my VTR 250 with what?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by dazza139, Nov 16, 2007.

1. I had a recent accident on my vtr 250 and it looks like it's going to be writtent off. Any suggestions what I should I replace it with.

I loved my VTR 250 and I know it's a good bike for a beginner. I just wonder if this is a good opportunity to try something a little different - maybe more of sports bike. Options I'm considering would be CBR250RR, Suzuki Across, GPX250. Has anyone got any feedback or other suggestions? How would I find these after riding a VTR 250?

2. depends on budget. wait until next year and get a new zx2r
  3. CBR250RR!!! YUK!! EHH! NO!!!

Once you've ridden the VTR250 you can't accept anything else, nothing else compares!

Go and test ride those bikes then get back to me.
  4. I went from a Spada to an Across, that was a good upgrade. The extra ponies the Across had made hwy work heaps easier, not to mention the excellent fairing.

I'm not a fan of the FZXBR250R's, mainly they didn't suit what I wanted in a bike, the insurance was also a killer. Even though the Across had a 4pot the power was usable once you understand to not bother below 6 grand.
  5. Test ride. The answer lies within this.

PM Speedbump - he may be selling his GPX soon-ish. They're a nice bike, he bought his new :)
  6. :rofl:
  7. agreed :LOL:

mmm. buy another VTR. as if even consider riding something else :roll: :LOL:

lol im the same as you, but my hasbeen written off. im on the hunt for a new one, ASAP :)
  8. got any specs on this bike port? im interested in a comparison.

:p :p
  9. My VTR1000 :)
  10. Depending on the information source (no offense to FZXBR250R owners) but I have heard that they are incredibly light weight, coming in about 78kgs half wet. They put out a lot of power for a small engine, depending on the state of tune and which exact model you get, some dyno runs have indicated figures as high as 67 HP at the wheel. This power to weight is of course why they out run 600's and 1000's on regular occasions. They come stock with dual 320mm Brembo disks at the front with braided lines all round. They can be had from less than $4k for an example manufactured last year that has under 10,000kms on it.
  11. Thanks for the comments. Just replaced my bike with a ...... you guessed it .... another VTR250 - black this time!

A lot of people say a lot of good things about them and I really liked my first. Only took just over 2 weeks to get a payout from my insurance company which I think is not too bad considering.

Thanks for the help
  12. vic are you selling the firestorm???? BLASPHEMY!!!
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: