Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

repairs advice needed

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by idontlikemondays, May 17, 2006.

1. any help would be greatly appreciated here.
    ive been riding for about a month and a bit on an '02 VTR 250, a week or so ago i went around a right hand turn late at night in the rain, i was doing i estimate around 30 to 35ks, wasnt actually looking at the speedo. i was braking into it and(im guessing) was still applying pressure on the rear break, and the bike came from under me, and slid into the kerb. now i know i deserve utterly the damage to the bike and my busted up knee, my beginers ignorance and stupidty i'll put it down to.
    the damage to the bike is as follows: stuffed front brake lever, mudgard exhaust, foot peg etc. the difficult one is the right hand inner fork tube is bent, the bike steers pretty badly to the left (i rode it home).
    i was pretty handy with the spanner on my car and want to fix this aswell (student budget). my options are buy a whole new front fork off the wreckers for 600, buy just the inner tube from honda for 250. going the wreckers options solves problems of finding the other parts aswell, which have been suprisinlgy difficult to find for such a common bike. what would you blokes recommend?
    once again, any help would be greatly appreciated

2. There are mobs that straighten folks. Buy a few motorcycle mags and pick up a cycle torque. They usually advertise in at least one or two or these.