Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Repairing helmet chips

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by movin, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Does anyone know whats best to apply to the outer graphics shell-if anything,to your helmet,for a small chip?
    My helmets only like 2 months old and I have just noticed a nice little chink in the armour :mad: ,like paint flaking,thats made the fibreglass layer beneath visible and liquid paper aint gonna cut the mustard.

2. Yeah, I have the same problem. I thought about using one of those car touch-up kits that come with a little bottle of paint and one of clearcote, but I don't know if it will affect the original paint. Any ideas would be appreciated by me too.
  3. I'm using the clear coat touchup paint that came with the triumph.. But... I'm prety sure if you head into a model shop with you helmet and look at their paint selection you will come up with the right colour... plus if you ask teh guy behind teh counter there often is a clear coat resin as well that you can brush / dab / wik on to the chip...
  4. bikes for sale?
  5. wha??? wrong thread?

edit: sorry mate just read you signature... there is nothing like free advertising!!!
  6. Few more people online now :lastweek: ,reposting this in the vain hope someone might be able to help.
  7. nail polish!
  8. If nail polish works il have to try that.. may be hard to find a matching colour thou :p
  9. new helmet....................... would not trust one with chips
  10. I reckon just head into auto paint shop and get a little bottle of touch up paint, should be fine.