so as some of you probably know I recently dropped my bike and in the process managed to increase the number of cracks (and size of existing cracks) in my fairing. Looks like someone tried to use a bit of araldite to fix previous damage. The Damage: I've did a bit of research into the different methods of fairing repair including plastic welding with hot air, plastic welding with a soldering iron, abs cement, melting cable ties etc. In the end i decided to combine a few different methods i found on the net and do a bit of experimentation. Here's what i did. Grabbed my good old dremel tool from the garage and dug out the cracks to create a "u" shaped valley. This will create a greater surface area to work with and allow bonding to occur properly. I also removed the paint from the surrounding areas and all the old araldite. I used my soldering iron to tack weld the cracked areas together and added a bit of melted yellow lego in places were i needed extra support. The lugs where reinforced by melting strips of copper into the plastic. I used a bit of acetone i had in the garage to melt some more yellow lego bits. just pop the lego into a glass jar, add the acetone and wait for it to melt (a few hours). The lego melts into a liquid plastic paste that can then be poured over the damaged areas. In theory the acetone portion of the lego paste will melt the fairings a bit and ensure proper bonding. You can sand the cracked areas after the plastic has dried to get a nice smooth surface. I didn't have time to complete this step, don't think i need to anyway since its on the inside of the fairing. Also, I haven't repeated the process on the other side of the fairing as yet.... will require me to repaint it afterwards and i don't think i'll have enough spare time for a while. So far the repair seems to have worked. I've been ridding around for a few days and haven't had any problems.