Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

repairing 1999 r6 crash damage

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by charlie_bird, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Hi Just looking for some advice.

I've got a 1999 Yamaha R6 thats recently been crashed. It needs forks & triple clamps (plus a bunch more). The bike was built 12/98 so I assume that makes it a 1999 model? I'm looking on the web and can see that 99-02 parts are listed to fit. Will a set of forks and triple clamps from a 2000 r6 fit my bike?

Also if anyone is parting out a 1999 R6 i'd be interesed in hearing from you.
  2. There was little change from the 99-02. However, you never know when the factory is going to change some little thing... sounds like a '99 model, send me a PM with your vin number to confirm if you like.
  3. It seems I'm not able as I don't have enough posts. Not sure if I can reply to your PM or send you an email?
  4. There was no 1998 model R6.

Yours will be a 99 model year bike.

The front end never changed between the 1999-2002.
  5. perfect. thanks for the responses
  6. Check out ebay number 230052658698 .

That's a good price. The other one is also ok, depends on what you need :wink:
  7. Thanks Cammo, looks like you've checked everything I couldnt cos I was at work. +1 to that.