Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Renting a bike, need advice

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mithrel, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Hey guys,

Just getting off my restrictions and I'm taking a trip to QLD in late November.

Having only ever been on larger dirt bikes and smaller road bikes (ZZR-250 is the bike I own) i'm wondering if there's any major risk in hiring a larger bike.

I'm a very sensible rider, and now have about 2 and a half years experience on the roads, in Geelong and Melbourne mostly. I'm male, roughly 6' and mid weight.

Looking at hiring a Harley for about 2-3 days. Having only ever been a passenger, i don't know what they ride like. Just wanting to know if anyone thinks i'm completely insane, or trying to much to quick.

Please bare in mind, i'm not about to buy a Harley, i'm more interested in sports bikes, but thought a cruiser would be a nice relaxing bike to ride in some good weather for a couple of days.

All advice and suggestions welcome! If anyone knows where I can hire bikes in and around Brisbane, that would be AWESOME!

2. Cruisers are a doddle to ride, you'll have no problems. Fork out for the extra insurance thing that brings your excess down if you're *really* worried - and don't try to ride it like a sports bike.

The only thing to think about with the big mother cruisers is weight, but a normal sized 6 footer ought to have no problems at all. As with any unfamiliar bike, take it easy 'til you're comfortable with it.

Sounds like you're gonna have a ball!
  3. See the navigation entry in the top left-hand corner of your browser window labelled "Links Directory":wink:

https://netrider.net.au/linksdir/view.php?cid=42 also:)
  4. Thanks heaps guys, appreciate it.

With regards to Harley's. Looking at the models available for hire, what would be the best / easiest to ride or most enjoyable?

Softail Duece