Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Removing the fairing off a 2011 Yamaha R15

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by kirramali, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm looking to change the look of my bike because both side fairings are scratched really badly.
    I've had a look at it but am really confused if it's even possible to take them off.
    Is it possible and does anyone have any useful directions or videos of it being done?

Thanks in advance! :)
  2. find all the screws and clips and remove them?
  3. Yeah, I have the basic idea that that is what I need to do. Figured that part out on my own.
    Maybe something a little more detailed would be more helpful as I asked.
  4. do you have the service manual for your bike? they usually detail how to remove things and in what order.

first link (and many of the links) here :)
    page 98 for the side covers and the rear side covers.
    doesn't seem to be a diagram of how to remove the front fairings, as all the screws should be in plain view

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Now that is helpful! Thanks for that. Huge help!
  6. google knows all
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. surprised the fairings didn't come off when you crashed
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. oh and welcome to the forum
    even though
  9. I didn't crash? But thanks anyway
  10. how did the fairings get scratched really badly then?
  11. Not that it really matters at ALL and I have no idea why you make a pointless comment assuming I crashed in the first place. There was a car accident on my street and one of the cars hit mine and scraped along the floor. To answer your next question "why didn't you claim it on insurance" the driver had enough to deal with that night.