Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

removing speedo to change/check globe

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by countrycruiser V6, Jan 29, 2007.

1. G'day all, noticed my speedo light is not as strong as it used to be, thought I'd blown a globe till I read my manual and it reckons theres only one. think the globe might be loose or on it's way out. Can anyone tell me how i remove the speedo cover from a virago 250 to get to the globe? yamaha dealer told me over the phone that there is a cover to be removed. I looked but it all seems to be in one peice and I cant see how the whole thing is attached to the bike by screws etc. all help appreciated. i will probably end up taking it into the dealer to get them to show me what they mean or wait till their mechanic is back and ask him. first time i've riden in the dark after it was serviced a week ago.

2. When i bought my bike the light in the speedo was blown.
    My stepfather pulled it apart for me, so I'll ask him tomorrow when I see him how he did it.
  3. Ok, I've just spoke to my stepdad, he tells me we had to undo/loosen the front headlight and let it fall forward, then there are little allen key nuts that you have to be undone that hold the speedo onto a bracket, I hope that helps.
  4. Thanks caz, I was half way there then. I pulled the 2 screws holding the headlight in but couldnt see any screws holding the speedo in though. wil have another look tomorow with a torch. did he have to pull the other bracket for the headlight off or just enough to get to wires, globes etc?