Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

removing spark plugs from vtr250

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by vintec, Oct 3, 2010.

1. can't seem to find any info on chore as simple as this. do you remove the radiator to remove the spark plug in the front cylinder? I have a spark plug socket that could remove the other spark plug with ease but can't seem to access the front plug.

btw, i notice the plugs are threaded, does that mean I have to screw the lead instead of popping them in or out like how you usually do it on a car?

2. My BMW has a threaded end but the lead still just pops. In fact I am not sure how you could get a lead to screw on as the lead would end up twisting. But I know absolutely nothing about vtr250's
  3. When I had the spada, which is the same engine pretty much as the vtr250, I removed the bolts holding the radiator so I could squeeze a socket in there more comfortably. Just a bit tight thats all :)
  4. thanks guys