Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Removing shoe rubber from exhaust

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by sonicbaz, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Having trouble removing shoe rubber from my exhaust, any suggestions would be appreciated.

:cool:

2. I used Easy Off Oven Cleaner on my Vulcan for the same thing. Worked a treat. Saturated it with the oven cleaner and wiped off with a cloth. Might take a couple of goes for really baked on stuff. Follow up with a wash & your metal polish of choice.

3. Hey great thanks. Does it need heat for activation?

4. My exhaust was completely cold when I did it but the can does say it works quicker on a pre heated oven so maybe a little ride first might help. I probably wouldn't get the exhaust too hot though.

5. Cool thanks for the advice.

6. champion! my bikes only done 1000km but the exhaust is covered in baked on crap, hopefully this helps.

7. Nice one. I will also try this stuff.

8. To get rubber off you try some white spirits (on a COLD exhaust). We used to use it all the time when i was racing karts to get the rubber off the sidepods, works a treat on plastic, even easier on metal.

9. Dude, a rubber on your pipe is not what we mean by 'safe riding'. ;)