Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Removing seat and adding a rack

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by tmwt, Sep 4, 2013.

1. I'm leaning towards getting a 250cc bike. Something along the lines of a Honda CBR250R or Kawasaki Ninja.

I am not interested in carrying a pillion and would prefer the space to be made available for luggage. Also by turning it into a 1 seater would save around $300 a year on rego.

At a guess (or professional estimation) what would the cost be to get the second seat removed and replaced with a basic metal rack?
  2. It may not be as simple as that. On some bikes the seat base forms a functional part of the airbox.
    If you're going to do that, you might as well buy an agbike to start with and put road tyres on it.
  3. just get a ventura rack and hang the bag forward. they will hold two bags zipped together, one forward and one back. the bike handles better with the bag forward

4. I believe that you only need to remove the pegs to get single seat. So a rack like above would work well. I cant see it costing much. Couple hundry.
  5. This is the go, I have a another bag that goes on the rack as well which gives you enough to pack for a road trip

6. A bit more complicated than just removing the foot pegs.

Then I believe they also have to permanently attach a compliance plate = $$$
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sweet thanks. Ventura racks seems the go. Then single seat mod.