Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Removing indicators (and other dumb questions I'm sure will ensue..)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by DerekL, May 19, 2011.

1. http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6561/2011may18016.jpg

Do I just pull on either end of these plastic bits? I see nowhere else where theres a connect. I just really don't want to do something silly and break the wire.

Also theres some sticker residue left on the tank, it's been there since 2006 so it's on quite firm. Managed to get a lot of it off by rubbing hard with a sponge/soap+water. What other options do I have to help get it off? Can I use eucaliptious oil or will that screw the paintwork?

2. Yes. Don't pull on the wires themselves if you can help it.

Orange oil, eucalyptus oil, metho etc are all fine for that, they shouldn't effect the paintwork.

3. One side of the wire has the weather proof sleeve with hole connector, the other wire will be just a pin connector. Both wires should be soldered to the connectors, so It should just pop right out with a tug without any wire damage!
    (note, theres always some risk with interference during penetration!) ;)

As for the sticky part, well .... but yeah metho works well. Just do a slight dab in conspicuous spot just to make sure it wont stain the paint (percaution)

4. but like they click together right, so theres a little tab you have to push in before you pull them apart.
    i think...
    **** it, just cut them, put some new connectors on. buy a box of those ones with the ends you just crimp.
    autobahn or somewhere will have them, then you get like this this other rubber noodle that slides over it and shrink wrap it on with a hair dryer.

5. No tabs to press; insert a pair of needlenose pliers in there and grab the brass coloured fitting, not the wire.