Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

removing graphics stickers

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by littleman, Jan 21, 2005.

1. hi all, i'm fixing up some cracked fairings on a '90 cbr 250. to do so, i've had to pull the stickers off. but they leave a glue that is a biatch to get off. anyone know of any solvent that is best for this?

2. Prepsol can get it from any panel beating suppliers. And I think Autobarn has it as well but not sure.

3. Try using de-solve it (I think that's the name, blue and orange bottle) it's made from orange peels so stinks but I'm yet to see it damage anything. It does a better job than turps or metho and is safer to use on surfaces.

4. thanks. i'll give them a go. hopefully they work cause i've spent hours on the thing so far.

5. Eucalyptus oil.

Magic.

Don't drink it though.

6. Amen to that - terrific stuff!

Failing that, Microsol works really well and WILL NOT affect your paint, ever. Expensive stuff though for this use (its not made for this job, incidentally).

7. That stuff is great :D Not much it can't do

Lisa :twisted: