Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Removing clear laminate below stickers

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by austrooper, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I managed to get the stickers off the bike, although underneath there is a clear film of laminate. It wouldn't bother me but the paint work is mat.

I searched all over for an answer but I don't think most advice refers to removing laminate.

2. Is it laminate or adhesive, eucalyptus oil can remove adhesive from paint work
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think its a laminate, I have tried turps and no go. It looks like a clear film that was underneath the stickers. thanks for the reply.
  4. Agree with Rus LerRus Ler best option will be the Euky oil it will in a lot of cases actually "melt" the laminate/backing without harming paint. Having said that you will probably find that there will always be that slight difference in the paint no matter what you try to blend it.
  5. Ill give it a try tomorrow, I don't like my luck. Thanks
  6. When you apply it try to get a fair amount on the top edge and gently pick at the edges. This will allow the Eucy oil to melt the glue underneath with a fair bit of patience and a bit of time you'll find it will peel off.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gasoline worked best for me on my tank getting a baked on sticker off. Softened it up with a hair dryer first and did some initial scrapping with a bit of plastic.