Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Removing chain oil stains from clothing

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by taint, Aug 26, 2006.

1. As the title suggests I have some articles of clothing that have been stained by flick from the chain ( I overoiled it :( )

Does anybody have a sure fire product that will get rid of it?

I have tried NapiSan, Some random stain remover, Orange Power stuff. None of these have made any difference in the slightest.

2. Engine degreaser. Allow article to soak for a few hours with it on teh stain, then warm wash with lots of laundry detergent. If this doesn't work, forget it.

Regards, Andrew.
  3. degreaser, or if you have it handy, kerosene.
    then as andrew said plenty of detergent.
    i work with bitumen, its the stickiest crappiest stuff that is left over after they get all the grease and good oil from oil. it sucks to get out of clothing, but it is possible.
  4. Another alternative is Sard Wonder soap.
  5. Try Baby powder. Put a mound of baby powder on the stain. Let the mound sit there over night. Shake it off and then wash.
  6. Thanks heaps guys,

I have some motul chain detergent that I will give it a go with. And then give it a good wash in washing detergent to get that crap off.

The sard is a good option but that means I have to go buy some more.

Will let you know how it goes :)
  7. WTF, why has no one mentioned "Napi-san"?
  8. Chemtech CT-18 truckwash.

removes most stains from all my clothes.
  9. The answer is dishwashing liquid. Wet the stain and scrub it with a bit of Morning fresh. It should come right out. :grin:

I've also used it with grease, engine oil and poster paint. It works a treat with all of them. Quick and easy. :wink: :grin:
  10. In my OP I stated that it did nothing, thats probably a pretty good reason :grin:
  11. Duct-tape fixes everything... so I guess just cover it up with a couple of strips. :)
  12. Nappy san did the trick for grease flicks in my khaki draggin cargos.

Gotta make a paste...
  13. If you've already used several treatments and washed after each, you're cactus.
  14. looks like I am f#@cked. I have reduced the severity of the splattering but not removed it. Even the hard core chain detergent couldn't sort it out.

It's a pity because it is the jacket I bought for my better half when she didn't like the bike, now she wants to know when we are going riding :) Oh well, at least she has a leather jacket that I have not ruined.

F#@king chain oil!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  15. OMO Oxy Action ehhehe doesnt stain the whites and keeps the colours brighter.