Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Remove Seat Cowl of VFR800

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by flashthebiker, Jul 8, 2007.

1. I told you I would be asking some stupid questions. I want to remove the seat cowl, don't have an owners manual, not covered in the service manual, not game to push or pull in case I break something, can't see any screw heads or anything to undo.

Please, any assistance appreciated - want to sit a bag on the seat rather than possibly scratching the cowl...

cheers, Gordon
    Perth WA

2. remove the seat, the cowl should just unclip from the bottom, i know it looks like it will snap off, its the same with the firestorm, but providing you take care it's no problem at all

3. Thanks

Once I worrked out how to remove the seat (use the key and pull up and back) it was simple. Not having the manual is a PITA. At least I have the service manual so I can do the routine maintenance stuff. :)

4. yeah i had the same problem when i up graded to the storm, no service manual and the seat didn't come off the same way as the suzi.
    took it in to the honda dealer to find out how to remove it, the guy in the shop didn't even know how, so we attacked the demo, to work it out :grin:

i was there in my work car so couldn't play with mine, what a pity :grin: :LOL:

5. Re: Thanks

Is the VFR750 Seat cowl compatible with the 98-2001 VFR800? They look similar. I can't find a VFR800 seat cowl anywhere :(

6. chech ebay, there is a vfr800 seat cowl

7. Re: Thanks

[/quote]

Is the VFR750 Seat cowl compatible with the 98-2001 VFR800? They look similar. I can't find a VFR800 seat cowl anywhere :([/quote]

No they are different for each generation.