Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Remove scratches from screen?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by 2wheelsagain, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Does anyone have any hints or tips for getting light scratches and other marks out of a screen?
    I'm tempted to replace mine but they seem almost impossible to get for an RF not to mention expensive.
    I have plenty of elbow grease but thats not working so far :LOL:

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.
  2. Hey 2Wheels.

There's a proprietary product that you can get from fibreglass shops and on the net - damned if I can remember what it's called (there's me being helpful again.

My Dad uses it on the canopies of his planes - it's a cream, plus a kit of varying different (very, very fine) abrasive pads/sheets. They're so fine they don't feel abrasive at all. You just add elbow grease and patience and work your way down through the series of sheets from fine to incredibly fine. It actually works pretty darn well.

I'll see if I can contact the Old Man and maybe PM you if I can get a brand name from him.

RF - nice bike, by the way. And very underrated.

3. Thanks O.B Any help appreciated
  4. I've used Mezerna Final Finish polish on my screen. With a good hand applicator pad it made light work of all the fine marks and scratches on mine. Its a final stage polish so won't get out any deeper marks, if you have them you'll have to try something with a bit more cut to it.
  5. i think a polish is the way to go,
    unless u wana get into the micron grits of sandpaper