Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Remote Security Installation

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by LimaEchoOscar, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Hi everyone,

What do you guys think of the remote security system, as in triggers off when shock is applied to bike, remote start etc etc.

Can you recommend any? Any one who can install it?

The bike that i recently purchased has one, but I think its busted cause shock doesn't set it off and when armed it will only go off if you turn the key to on without disarming it.

So is it worth getting that fixed? Or installing a new one? Brand and some good installation venues please.

There are many on ebay for under $100.

2. You get what you pay for...especially with alarm systems.

I have a Meta Legos3 bike alsrm and it has been fantastic so far...no false alarms, tiny module which you can hide anywhere, nice small rubber coated remotes that don't scratch your bike, extremely loud siren and built in immobiliser...here is a link
    http://abacuscaralarms.co.uk/store/view_product.php?product=Meta Legos 3
  3. Thanks guys, there is one on ebay from oz car security. What do you guys think of that.

Sorry cause I have recently joined forums I can't post links.

Can anyone recommend me a good installer and around how much will it cost?

4. A very average alarm system at best...I installed one a while ago and they are basically the same as the Jaycar alarms...cheap and nasty..spend the money to do it right
  5. The sensitivity on any alarm system needs to be adjusted after a little while.

I had a spy-ball on the babyblade and it was a brilliant alarm. One day a mate sat on it and wheeled it in a circle (steering lock) and it didnt go off.

Adjusted the sensitivity and all was good again.

Try that first before blowing more cash